Homebuyers in the market who are frustrated by the low inventory are finding what they want in new construction. Among the obvious advantages are that it is fresh and new, has never been lived in, and can be personalized to an individual’s taste and needs.
New construction homes can be more expensive upfront, but they can save you money in the long run. These homes are built to the latest building codes, which means they are more energy-efficient and require less maintenance. They also come with warranties that can help protect you from unexpected repairs.
New construction homes can be a great option for first-time homebuyers. They offer a blank slate that you can customize to your liking, and they don’t have the same wear and tear as older homes.
Working with a REALTOR� can help you navigate the process of buying a new construction home. They can help you find the right builder, negotiate a good price, and make sure that the home is built to your specifications.
One of the most critical steps in designing your dream home is enlisting the expertise of a qualified real estate professional. A REALTOR� brings essential knowledge of the local market, construction processes, checklists, and negotiation skills. They can help you explore financing options, connect you with reputable builders and guide you through the complex steps of purchasing new construction.
Navigate the path to your dream home with these steps guided by your REALTOR�:
- Select a Real Estate Professional: Find a trusted agent to champion your interests, negotiate with builders and ensure a seamless transaction.
- Research Builders and Neighborhoods: Discover builders, track records and neighborhoods using the expertise of your real estate professional.
- Get Pre-approved: Determine your budget and financing options by securing pre-approval from a trusted lender.
- Navigating Legal and Documentation Processes: Your real estate professional understands local regulations, permits and zoning requirements. They will guide you through the paperwork and review things along the way, allowing you to focus on the creative aspects of your dream home.
- Construction and Project Management: Your real estate professional will accompany you through the construction process. Your agent will work with the builder’s agent to oversee the timeline and progress, to address any concerns that may arise.
An important step is having your agent introduce you to the builder’s home for the first time and register you as their client. Builders have sales teams that will assist you, but they don’t represent you; they are employees of the builders.
Another consideration is to have a home inspection, even though it may not seem necessary. It is comforting to have your inspector verifying that the building is up to code and being done the way it should be. Some buyers elect to have inspections done at the major steps of the building process, but this does add some additional cost.
The importance of having a REALTOR� by your side is part of your investment in a home. Your agent will be with you every step of the way and advocate for you in the process. Your path to home-sweet-home starts with selecting your agent.